Bedford Buses and Coaches
|INSIDE:||200 colour photographs 50 black & white photographs|
Bedford Buses and Coaches provides a detailed review of the entire range of purpose-built Public Service Vehicle (PSV) bus and coach chassis that carried the Bedford name from 1931 until production ceased in 1986. Bedfords were once a familiar sight on the roads not only of the United Kingdom, but throughout the world. They were produced in such volume that the advertising slogan 'You see them everywhere' was quite legitimately adopted by Vauxhall Motors, the manufacturer of Bedford vehicles.
Fully illustrated thoughout with hundreds of photographs, the majority in colour, the book includes:
- The origins of Bedford, and its history from 1931 to 1986
- Detailed descriptions of the Bedford petrol and diesel engines and other manufacturers' engines used in Bedford bus and coach chassis
- Detailed specifications and production histories are given for all the full-size passenger chassis including the WHB/WLB, WTB, OB/OWB, SB, VAS, VAL, VAM, Y-series and the Venturer
- Descriptions of bodies and details of coachbuilders that built on Bedford chassis
- A survey of Bedford goods chassis adapted for passenger carrying
- Road tests and owners' experiences
- Advice on buying and restoring a Bedford bus and coach
Site Price: £28.00E-Book Edition: £30.00 (incl. VAT)
" A VERY INTERESTING HISTORY OF BEDFORD BUSES AND COACHES.THE BEST SO FAR. "
Review Type: Customer
Posted By: K SHACKLETON
" Overall the approach is exceptionally thorough and the very high standard of presentation makes this book excellent value. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Roads and Road Transport
" An excellent and highly informative book on a fascinating subject. A real quality production with superb photos and extremely readable text. I particularly liked the blue sections containing owners and drivers experiences and the picture of my coach on page 76 !! A real treat for a Bedford enthusiast such as myself and anyone interested in road transport. Congratulations to Nigel Furness and all concerned in the publication of this fantastic book "
Review Type: Customer
Posted By: Adrian Leighfield