Painting with Watercolour
|INSIDE:||180 colour photographs|
Watercolours are the first choice for many painters, but few master the full potential of the medium. This book encourages you to be bold and colourful. Written by an internationally respected artist and teacher, it offers practical ways of working with watercolours, and shares ideas and thoughts that can make your painting methods more exciting and adventurous. With over 180 illustrations, it is a beautiful book that will be invaluable for both new and experienced painters alike.
- A guide to materials and equipment - all you really need
- The importance of drawing and sketching - developing your own individual approach to the subject
- Instruction on composition, shape and perspective - what makes a painting work
- Advice on colour and tones - explains the complementary colour principle in practical terms, so that a picture works in harmony
- A range of marine, townscape and figure paintings demonstrates the techniques and is well supported with detailed captions
Site Price: £13.59E-Book Edition: £14.99 (incl. VAT)
" This thorough survey of classic watercolour techniques teaches by example rather than demonstration. Observations from someone who is a consummate master of their method are always worth reading, and this is no exception. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: The Artist