Soldering for Jewellers
|INSIDE:||253 colour photographs|
Soldering is one of the most commonly used processes in jewellery, but its potential is often overlooked. This practical book explains the basics of the method but goes on to suggest ways in which soldering can be used to explore ideas and produce unique pieces. Written both for beginners and for those wishing to extend their knowledge, Soldering for Jewellers will inspire a more creative use of this key process.
- Emphasis on the importance of preparation and planning designs
- Focus on silver soldering, which can be used for most non-ferrous metals such as silver
- Basic techniques and exercises introduce soldering the edge-to-edge joint, two ends of a ring and the rubover setting
- Further applications - such as sweat soldering, soldering small items, attaching fixings and findings, and stick feeding - and advanced techniques
- Projects demonstrate how soldering can be used and show the best way to construct a design
Site Price: £7.99E-Book Edition: £8.99 (incl. VAT)
" This book should be a must on all beginning practitioners' bookshelves. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Findings - Magazine of Association of Contemporary Jewellery