Drawing and Painting Cars
|INSIDE:||169 colour images|
This practical and stimulating book introduces and showcases a wide range of motoring art styles. Recognising the importance of drawing and research, it explains the key components of a successful painting, looking particularly at light, perspective, drawing ellipses and the vehicle itself. Including over 150 finished paintings with full descriptions of how they were conceived and carried out, this beautiful book is sure to inspire both artist and buyers alike, and gives a unique insight into the work of a leading motoring artist.
- Introduction to a variety of methods, materials and techniques
- Instruction on understanding and drawing the structure, mechanics and movement of the car
- The importance of light in determining the overall feel and atmosphere of the image
- Ideas for composition with figures, backgrounds and weather conditions to set the scene
- Wide range of examples illustrate atmosphere, emotion, composition and action
Site Price: £13.59E-Book Edition: £14.99 (incl. VAT)
" This would be an easy book to recommend even if it wasn't so good and so thorough, because it is, as far as I'm aware, the only book on this subject. If you want to paint cars you won't be disappointed. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: The Artist