|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||22/03/2018|
|INSIDE:||165 colour paintings|
The landscape is probably the most popular theme for artists, and this book takes you through the fundamental concepts and techniques necessary for painting the natural world. It presents a vast range of practical information and advice for both beginners and more experienced painters; it will help them develop their knowledge and skill in painting the landscape both in the studio and also when working en plein-air. From initial planning through to finished paintings, you will be shown how to tackle this vast and exciting subject.
- Explains the preparation process essential for establishing good composition
- Advises on materials and equipment , from sketchbooks and paints to easels
- Covers the crucial elements of tonal values, colour, shape and perspective
- Demonstrates a variety of techniques for oil and acrylic painting
- Includes the work of several established contemporary landscape artists
- Suggests ways of encouraging self-motivation and inspiration
Site Price: £13.59E-Book Edition: £14.99 (incl. VAT)
" This is an enjoyable book that covers every aspect of landscape painting. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: The Artist