Narrow Gauge Modelling in 009 Scale
|INSIDE:||256 colour photographs and 16 b&w photographs|
The 009 scale, which is used to represent narrow gauge lines of 2ft to 2ft 6in, is experiencing a steady growth in popularity and trade support. The new book explains issues of scale and gauge for narrow gauge models, considers the origins of 009 scale and identifies some of its pioneers. It outlines the diverse range of prototype narrow gauge railways in Britain and overseas, along with some of the different traditions and practices adopted in different parts of the world.
- How to select a subject to model based on experience and models available
- Construction of a compact prototypical 009 layout, its locomotives and rolling stock
- Control and signalling of layouts
- Layout maintenance and improvement
- The challenges of exhibiting models
- How to share experience with like-minded modellers
Site Price: £15.99E-Book Edition: £14.99 (incl. VAT)
" 009 Society members will find plenty here to inspire and encourage and it is highly recommended. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: 009 Society Magazine