Art Deco Knits - Creating A Hand-Knit Wardrobe Inspired by the 1920s - 1930s
|INSIDE:||150 colour and 6 black & white photos, 64 line artworks|
The jazz age of the 1920s and 1930s is a particularly inspiring period in fashion design, well-known for its intricately embellished fabrics and elegant detail. Art Deco Knits aims to inspire the modern knitter who wishes to create a vintage-inspired wardrobe, or simply add a touch of Art Deco glamour to their knitting. Featuring valuable information on styles and silhouettes, fabrics and finishing techniques, this beautifully illustrated book celebrates the joy found in creating knitwear inspired by this most popular of eras, when fashion and self-expression became accessible to more women than ever before.
Topics covered include:
- An introduction to the fashion and style of the 1920s and 1930s
- Tips on choosing yarns and adapting patterns to fit an Art Deco aesthetic
- A collection of Art Deco-inspired stitch patterns
- Beading and embroidery techniques for creating uniquely embellished knitted fabrics
- Finishing tips and techniques
- Nine original patterns
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)
" More than just a collection of designs, this glossy hardback is an exploration of the fashions of the 1920s and 1930s and a guide to ways in which you can use those trends to inspire and influence your knitting. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Knitting Magazine