East Kent Road Car Company Ltd - Services of the Golden Jubilee Era
|INSIDE:||89 colour and 213 black & white photos|
East Kent Road Car Company Ltd- Services of the Golden Jubilee Era takes the reader on a journey along the routes of all the stage-carriage services operated by East Kent in 1968, just after the Company celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 1966/7 and immediately prior to the National Bus Company (NBC) taking full control. Supported by over three hundred photographs, most not published before, of nearly every bus route as well as most London express services and all the operational garages, this book reveals the contrasting nature of East Kent's services from rural byways to the seasonal, but very busy routes serving the still-popular resorts around the Kent coast.
The book features:
- A description of every stage-carriage service
- Summaries of the Company's garages then existing and its Express services
- A comprehensive fleet list and details of a specimen allocation of cars to each service on a typical summer's day in 1968
- Maps of local services in the major towns plus a reproduction of the East Kent network map of 1968
- An illustrated summary of the Company's Centenary celebrations of 2016
Site Price: £23.96E-Book Edition: £25.00 (incl. VAT)
" Open it up to read and you will find a book like no other... a very impressive, well-researched book, which must have been a labour of love on the part of the author. Lew Finnis - M & D and East Kent Bus Club "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Invicta Magazine