Digital Modelmaking - Laser Cutting, 3D Printing and Reverse Engineering
|INSIDE:||234 colour photographs and 32 line artworks|
Digital manufacturing has become an intrinsic part of the modelmaking profession, so today's practitioner must be skilled in both traditional hand-making techniques and digital technology. Relevant to a wide variety of creative industries, including film and television, theatre, architecture and product design, Digital offers a comprehensive insight into the manufacturing processes and technologies used within contemporary modelmaking.
Each chapter contains an in-depth explanation of each topic, presents examples of how each process is used and includes case studies from professional modelmakers and students. This invaluable book will be of great interest for students, young professionals and everyone with a passion for design and making.
Topics covered include:
- Making models using a laser cutter, 3D printer and CNC milling machinery
- Generating 3D digital data using a 3D scanner and photogrammetry
- Two-and three- dimensional drawing software such as CAD
- Approaches to designing models for digital manufacturing
- Selecting materials based on their suitability for modelmaking
- Combining traditional hand-making skills with digital manufacturing
- Professional approaches to painting and finishing models
- Moulding and casting using silicone and resin
Site Price: £16.00E-Book Edition: £16.00 (incl. VAT)