Colour Light Signalling for Model Railways
|INSIDE:||216 colour and 30 b&w photos|
Despite modern appearances, colour light signalling has been around since the 1920s and is just as full of subtle details and variations as 'traditional' semaphore signalling. The inclusion of a working signalling system within a model railway layout is technically challenging but adds realism and 'wow' factor.
With over 200 illustrations including colour photographs of both prototype and actual model signalling, as well as easy-to-follow tables, diagrams and flow charts, this book contains:
- A brief history of the development and deployment of colour light signalling in the UK
- A basic explanation of how track design influences signalling design
- Descriptions of the different components that make up a signalling system and how these components are used and controlled
- How to create a realistic colour light signalling system for a model railway
- Descriptions of in-cab signalling and the various types of level crossing
Site Price: £15.99E-Book Edition: £16.00 (incl. VAT)
" This book covers not just the signals themselves but the vast array of signage and systems which influence them, and goes into far more detail than all but the most knowledge-hungry modeller would need. That being said, despite the title specifying 'for model railways', there is plenty for anyone with an interest in railways to enjoy as well. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Model Rail