Alfa Romeo 2000 and 2600 - The Complete Story
|INSIDE:||119 colour and 82 b&w photographs|
After a period of post-war austerity, in 1957 Alfa Romeo decided it was time to re-enter the market for luxury/executive class cars with a new range designed for the growing number and prosperity of potential customers. Thus, the first models in the new 2000 series emerged, followed by the 2600 series in 1962. That they were not hugely successful, although some 18,540 were manufactured between 1957 and 1966, can be attributed to a number of factors, principally cost. Largely ignored for many years, these cars are now recognized as a significant element in Alfa Romeo's history and this book is a valuable record of their story.
Richly illustrated with over 200 colour and black & white photographs, this book:
- Introduces the history of the company and its early designs
- Describes the early Berlina saloon, Spider convertible and Sprint coupe, and their development into the 2600 series
- Details the evolution of the 1900-based engine into the 6-cylinder 2600 engine
- Provides a history of the SZ Sprint Zagato
- Includes information on prototypes, show specials, specification tables, colour schemes and production numbers
- Includes a chapter on owning a 2000 or 2600
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)
" Tony Bagnall's comprehensive account must be the first of its kind, certainly in the English language... its a balanced and readable look at all aspect of the car's story, from its design and development to tales of modern ownership. Production quality is decent and the image selection broad, but it is the subject itself that makes this well worth adding to your library. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Automobile
" This new book fills a real gap in the publishing market, since a volume devoted to Alfa's 2000 and 2600 models has been lacking to date. This is a well-written book that's profusely illustrated with over 200 images. We recommend it highly, especially as it represents such excellent value. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Auto Italia