Kiln Forming Glass
|INSIDE:||250 colour photographs and diagrams|
Kiln Forming Glass captures the excitement of working with glass and explains the techniques involved in this stimulating sphere of glass making. It discusses numerous aspects of this exciting and absorbing method of working. This practical instruction is accompanied by striking visual images of kiln formed glass by established glass artists, as well as unique snapshots of some of their own making processes.
Topics covered include:
- Technical aspects of glass - its physical characteristics, compatibility and annealing issues
- Materials and equipment - a look at the wide array of glass materials and tools available
- Detailed analysis of techniques - fusing, slumping, kiln casting and pate de verre
- Step-by-step guides to completing projects with practical information and firing guides
- An in-depth look at the lost wax technique for kiln casting glass
- Further and more advanced kiln forming methods to extend creativity and skills
Site Price: £22.00
" This is a specialized book, but those who want to learn about this fascinating art form will appreciate such a detailed volume. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Library Journal