Energy Efficient Home - A Complete Guide - New Edition
|INSIDE:||40 colour photographs 48 line drawings|
Reducing energy consumption and costs is an issue of ever-increasing importance and European and national legislation aimed at reducing carbon emissions is tightening up minimum energy standards for new buildings and those being extended or renovated. Energy-saving measures in the home will, therefore, become ever more cost-effective throughout our lifetimes.
The book covers every aspect of the efficient consumption of energy in the home including the following and much more:
- The position of the dwelling, its method of construction and the materials used
- Energy rating and the legal framework
- Insulation and U-values
- Windows and doors
- Conservatories, sunrooms and loft conversions
- Heating and hot-water systems
- Lighting and making the best use of daylight
- Renewable energy technologies
- Appliances, gadgets and housekeeping
- The wider environmental issues including water economy and recycling
This non-technical book is fully revised and updated to take account of recent legislation and developments in energy efficient products and techniques.
Site Price: £10.39E-Book Edition: £9.99 (incl. VAT)