Lambs for the Freezer
|INSIDE:||75 colour photographs|
In an age that has seen unparalleled interest in personal food production, Lambs for the Freezer is a timely and comprehensive introduction to breeding and rearing lamb for home consumption. Writing for the small-scale sheep keeper with little or no knowledge of rearing livestock, Sue Kendrick draws on her own extensive experience of keeping farm animals to guide the new shepherd through the whole process of breeding, rearing and ultimately filling their freezer with home produced lamb.
Topics covered include:
- Detailed information on knowing when lambs are ready for slaughter, where to find an abattoir and the all important paper work.
- Common sheep diseases and afflictions and how to avoid them, and what to do should your flock fall prey to one of the notifiable diseases.
- The importance of good sheep housing to suit all budgets and circumstances.
- Sheep health, the rules and regulations involved in keeping sheep.
- Advice on butchery.
- Sheep dairying for those looking to maximize every aspect of sheep production.
Site Price: £11.99
Pigs for the Freezer - A Guide to Small-Scale Production
Other products from this category...
Llamas and Alpacas: A Guide to Management
Traditional British Poultry Breeds