Designing and Planting Borders
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||20/02/2012|
|INSIDE:||150 colour photographs|
Beds and borders provide the framework for a garden, but it can be a daunting task to design and plant them. This book provides exciting planting ideas and schemes for borders that are full of shrubs and perennials, and burst with colour and vitality throughout the year. Written by a respected garden designer, it includes diagrams for gardens and plant profiles so you can match the plant you need to the look you want.
- Advice on drawing a plan and designing a border
- Step-by-step guide to deciding which plants to use
- Over twenty border plans for different aspects and soil types
- New ideas for colour and structure
- Easy-to-use tables to identify the right plant for every spot
Foreword by Roy Lancaster
Site Price: £10.39
" This is an excellent book for someone new to gardening. It provides an overview of the tasks to perform when designing a border - from checking soil type, to selecting and positioning the plants themselves, to guidance on planting and maintenance.
This is an endearing read but one that left me wishing for a larger tome. For someone just starting out however, this book would make a satisfying purchase. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Garden Design Journal