Gliding - From Passenger to Pilot - Second Edition
|INSIDE:||160 colour photographs & diagrams|
Gliding is for everyone who has ever dreamt of riding the air currents with the view stretching to the horizon, and with barely a sound to disturb the moment. Written by an experienced instructor, this book guides you through the first steps to realising that dream, and goes on to explore the many opportunities offered by this compelling and exciting sport.
- A History of the sport from early experiments to post-war sporting gliders
- An introduction to gliding clubs, getting started and what to expect
- An explanation of how gliders fly, and their controls and instruments
- Sections on learning each stage of flight, safety and weather
- Ideas for post-solo progress, including cross-country and competitive flying.