Zero Carbon Car - Green Technology and the Automotive Industry
|INSIDE:||350 colour photographs|
The Zero Carbon Car examines the hundreds of ways in which car manufacturers are trying to reduce our carbon footprint, and the adaptation of the automotive industry to changing technology in a world where environmental issues are becoming ever more prevalent. The book's in-depth research into green car technology shows that manufacturers make concerted efforts, but sometimes also defeat the gains of their innovation.
Topics covered include:
- What is meant by the terms 'global warming' and 'green', and how these can be defined
- An account of the long history of green automotive technology
- Alternative fuels, including diesel and hydrogen
- Developments in environmentally friendly engine technology
- Electric cars
- Environmental issues in material usage and car body manufacture
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)
" If you don't know your PHV from your FCEV, then Brian Long's new tome is a good introduction to alternative power. It covers electric, hybrid and solar propulsion with plenty of historical context - from the Detroit Electric to pioneering French diesels. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Classic & Sp