Nutrition for Cyclists
|INSIDE:||40 colour photographs and diagrams|
Nutrition for Cyclists is essential reading for all keen riders who want to learn about what, when and how much to eat and drink to improve their performance. This practical book shows cyclists how to design the right diet that will allow them to incorporate a rigorous training regime into a busy lifestyle. With over 30 years' experience of working with sportsmen and women at the highest levels, Jane Griffin explains the background science behind her dietary advice and addresses the day-to-day concerns of today's two-wheeled enthusiasts.
- The energy requirements of the cyclist
- Effective meal planning for training and competition
- How to stay hydrated and how to rehydrate efficiently
- Eating to aid recovery from illness or injury
- Supplements and Ergogenic Aids
- How to lose weight and maintain performance
- Special advice for younger, older, female and vegetarian cyclists
"Diet and nutrition are as key a part of cycling as the pedals or chain." Nigel Mitchell, Head of Nutrition British Cycling/Team Sky
Site Price: £10.39E-Book Edition: £9.99 (incl. VAT)
" Packed with real food examples, practical advice, and top-tips for meals and snacks, this handy guidebook would make a great addition to any keen cyclist's performance toolbox. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: The Sport and Exercise Scientist