Modelling Ports and Inland Waterways - A Guide for Railway Modellers
|INSIDE:||360 colour photographs 33 colour drawings|
This wide ranging and informative book, which is brimming with practical advice, is aimed at all those who wish to create authentic models of ports, canals, quays, wharfs and their associated railway infrastructure.
- Considers the history of ports and inland waterways, and the important role played by the railways in facilitating their operation
- Provides layout plans and ideas, all based on prototypes, that are aimed specifically at the scratch builder
- Presents a selection of modelling projects, including dioramas of both a canal wharf and two different estuary ports, supported by step-by-step photographs, drawings and track plans
- Pays attention to modelling some of the smaller vessels that might be included in a model as well as to the wharf and quayside buildings and equipment
- Discusses the modelling and painting techniques that can be used to create realistic-looking water
- Demonstrates how models can be made more convincing and brought to life by the addition of appropriate colour and weathering, and by the use of scale models of workers, and even birds and animals
Site Price: £15.19E-Book Edition: £16.99 (incl. VAT)
" A publication worthy of a place on any serious modeller's bookshelf containing as it does an enormous amount of information at a very reasonable cover price. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: The Gauge O Guild