Scenic Construction for the Stage - Key Skills for Carpenters
|INSIDE:||350 colour photographs 34 line artworks|
Scenic Construction for the Stage is a comprehensive guide to the practical processes involved in constructing scenery for the theatre. Offering key insight into the role of the scenic carpenter, Mark Tweed details the progression from interpreting design, model boxes and drawings, to material selection, fabrication and finishing.
Additional topics include:
- Advice for developing accuracy, finish and consistency
- Tool selection and sharpening
- CDM, Health and Safety and sustainability considerations
- Practical workshop mathematics and geometry
- How to fit ironmongery including hinges and latches, flying hardware and castors
- Ten step by step projects including flats, doors, windows, treads, trucks and columns
Foreword by Sir Kenneth Branagh
Site Price: £18.00E-Book Edition: £18.00 (incl. VAT)
" Both students and tutors in theatre design and construction would benefit from having access to this book, which is essentially a pool of knowledge and experience from Tweed's years in the industry - an excellent resource for the foundations of scenic construction. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Blue Pages - magazine of Society of British Theatre Designers