Electroplating - Crowood Metalworking Guides
|INSIDE:||265 colour photographs and 21 diagrams|
Electroplating in the home workshop can seem a daunting task due to the range of chemicals, the unfamiliar processes and the underlying chemistry involved. However, the results of a well-cleaned item and a well-maintained electrolyte are overwhelmingly impressive and, compared to sending parts to be industrially electroplated, are very cost effective. The practical advice given in Electroplating will provide you with the confidence and ability to create an electroplating tank of your own. This book will guide you through each of the processes and the equipment needed to start your own plating system and, alongside detailed step-by-step photographs and diagrams, provide instructions on their most effective use.
- The history and scientific basics of the electroplating process
- Types of electroplating metals and their function and applications
- Formulations and ingredients for electroplating solutions
- Advice on selecting the best equipment to use depending on tank size
- Detailed processes of cleaning and its vital importance to the final results
- Safety information including personal safety and the correct disposal of chemicals
Site Price: £11.99E-Book Edition: £11.99 (incl. VAT)
" Here's a very lovely new book from Crowood dealing with a seemingly daunting task for the DIY-er due to the range of chemicals and chemistry involved. However, follow the correct procedures and the results can be impressive and cost-effective when compared to having them done professionally. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: TKC Magazine