Modelling the Western Region
|INSIDE:||203 colour and 49 b&w photos|
The Western Region of British Railways has always held a special appeal for railway modellers. Formed in 1948, the WR carried on the traditions of The Great Western Railway more or less unchallenged until the regions were abolished in the 1990s. Modelling the Western Region provides all the advice you need to model your own railway layout based on this fascinating region and era.
- Considers the historical background of the Western Region
- Reviews available ready-to-run and kit-built steam and diesel motive power
- Explains Western Region signalling practice
- Discusses rolling stock typically used on the Western Region
- Provides practical suggestions for branch and main line layouts
Site Price: £15.99E-Book Edition: £14.99 (incl. VAT)
" It's wonderfully well-presented and really comprehensive. Just about everything a modeller might need as reference for creating scenes from 1948 until this century is provided in the near-200 pages. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: British Railway Modelling