Electronics and Wiring for Model Railways
|INSIDE:||443 colour photographs & 50 diagrams|
In railway modelling, getting the technical components correct is essential for a realistic-looking layout but, unfortunately, these often present the biggest challenges for the hobbyist. Using his own experience as a railway modeller and electronics engineer, Andrew Duckworth provides a guide suitable for all railway modellers, from beginners to the more experienced. With instructions on how and where to use specialist electronic circuits to enhance your layout, this book will help you to achieve a reasonably sophisticated layout.
Including over 400 photographs, it provides:
- An overview of the geometry required for building successful model railways
- Clear explanations of electronics and electrical components
- Comparisons of direct control and digital command control (DCC)
- Step-by-step instructions for wiring the track, signals, buildings and lighting
- Reviews of electrical systems, power supplies, wires and cable, control panels and switches
- Detection, testing and troubleshooting tips
- Appendices of terminology, codes and symbols used for both electronics and model railway track plans, together with capacitor conversion tables
Site Price: £15.99E-Book Edition: £16.00 (incl. VAT)
" Put simply, if there's something you think you could electrify on your layout, then this book will show you how to do it. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Model Rail