Goldwork Embroidery - Techniques and projects
|INSIDE:||687 colour photographs|
Goldwork must be the most dramatic of the embroidered arts. The smallest addition of metal thread to a piece of embroidery can lend immediate visual impact, and yet the technique can also be beautifully subtle. A design stitched in goldwork will be rich in texture, shine and sparkle, and metal threads can be combined beautifully with other techniques. Aimed at guiding you through each stitch and technique, and with tips for moving on to your own designs, this book is full of practical instruction. With its high level of detail and over 600 photographs, it will be a treasured companion, whether you are a novice or an experienced embroiderer.
- Guide to materials and equipment, advice on getting started, preparing fabrics and transferring designs
- Helpful direction on design strategy specifically aimed at goldwork, and advice on the order of work
- Step-by-step photographs to guide the reader through each technique
- A focus on traditional methods and how to use these within traditional or contemporary designs
- Instructions on techniques to combine with goldwork, including silk shading
- Six projects show how to use and combine the various goldwork techniques
Site Price: £15.96E-Book Edition: £16.00 (incl. VAT)
" I have patiently waited for this book based purely on the promise of something beautiful. And yes, I am delighted to say that it ticks every box. The front cover is enticing but inside it is beautifully laid out and is a very visually pleasing book. Eye watering images of goldwork materials are very useful for both beginner and the more experienced goldworker... and it should be on your bookshelf! "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: The Goldwork Guild magazine