Painting and Reinterpreting the Masters
|INSIDE:||266 colour images|
For centuries, artists have learnt from the art that came before them. This book explains how to make paint meaningful and imaginative responses to the works of the masters. With over two hundred inspiring images, it is a unique guide to developing your own artistic voice while studying and enjoying some of the art world's greatest treasures.
- Gives step by step examples to illustrate how to get started and how to use thumbnail pencil sketches
- Explains how to make larger and slower drawings, and then oil-sketch copies of the masters' work
- Studies the composition, rhythms and colours of the masters and uses their work as a source to practise and understand paintings, and as a springboard for your own discovery and invention
- Explores how a brave and imaginative use of colour can reinterpret paintings to achieve a greater and more expressive effect
- Includes images from the earliest art to the twentieth century to feed your creative imagination, and examples of contemporary interpretations to show you the way
Price: £24.00E-Book Edition: £18.99 (incl. VAT)
" If you fancy giving it a go, you'll find plenty here to get your teeth into, from drawing outlines and making thumbnail sketches to larger works in oils. This is an interest approach that has a great deal to recommend it. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: The Artist