Severn Tunnel Junction
|INSIDE:||157 colour photos|
The Severn Tunnel Junction was the largest freight marshalling yard on the Western Region of British Railways, once stretching for over two miles along the Welsh bank of the River Severn. At its height it was a goods yard, junction, station and loco depot, but it was an important railway community and small town as well.
With over 150 colour photographs, this book:
- Describes the beginnings of the yard within the wider historical context
- Discusses the expansion of the site and the impact of the two World Wars
- Documents the methods of working at the junction
- Recalls the locos, freight and passenger trains that travelled the lines
- Remembers the people who worked and lived here
Site Price: £16.00E-Book Edition: £16.00 (incl. VAT)
" The well-researched text is supported by photos, maps and line diagrams that add up to a full history of the location that turned the small village of Rogiet into a railway town. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Rail Express