Template Mixing and Mastering - The Ultimate guide to Achieving a Professional Sound
|INSIDE:||60 colour photos and 12 colour diagrams|
Audio production is an incredibly rewarding craft. To take the raw, basic tracks of a fledgling idea and shape them into one glorious stereophonic sound wave is an amazing feat. The transformation from analogue to digital dominance has brought many advances in sound quality and new techniques, but producing digital music with only a standard computer and DAW can be problematic, time-consuming and sometimes disappointing without the right approach and skills. In Template Mixing and Mastering, renowned mix engineer Billy Decker tackles the challenges of in-the-box production through his innovative template approach.
He shares his passion and knowledge from over twenty years of industry experience, including:
- an introduction to templates and a step-by-step guide to their set-up
- discussion of drum replacement technology
- channel and setting information for each of the drum, instrument and vocal sections of his template is discussed along with the master channel
- his methodology of mixing and mastering
- professional advice and best practice
Featuring the full template used on sixteen No 1 records!