Urban Sketching - An Artist's Guide
|INSIDE:||164 colour photographs|
Urban sketching is centered on observing and drawing the environment around you, and sharing your drawings with like-minded groups in person and through social media. This book encourages you to get involved by picking up a pen and a sketchbook and trying a range of techniques. Packed with illustrations, this new book is an inspirational handbook that will equip you with the tools and ideas you'll need to embark and thrive on your own unique urban sketching journey.
- Observe your everyday life through drawing, discover the art materials available and how to use them
- Find inspiration and advice on composition, and develop a personal style
- Explore light and colour in your sketches to discover depth, as well as embracing movement and complexity
- Develop your observational skills with quick exercise ideas in line drawing, and progress to longer project demonstrations in colour and paint
- Explore space and its representation on the page, and add people and action to your writings
- Write and include thoughts and other feelings in sketches that explore the full complexity of life
- Share your experience and discover the urban sketching community
Get hooked on urban sketching, and share your passion for drawing and art with others
Site Price: £11.99E-Book Edition: £11.99 (incl. VAT)
" Isabel Carmona Andreu's debut is one of the best, as it shares a wider range of styles and encourages a regular, purposeful approach to drawing everyday life. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Artists & Illustrators