Painting Animals in Watercolour
|INSIDE:||153 colour photos|
Artists seem compelled to try to capture the amazing variety of the animal kingdom; the challenge remains how to breathe energy into your paintings and make the animals jump off the paper. This deeply practical book offers an accessible introduction to sketching animals from life, to try to capture that essence.
Painting Animals in Watercolour gives:
- Instruction on how to approach drawing
- Ideas for materials and supplies to make sketching from life a joy
- Step-by-step demonstrations of different watercolour techniques
- Specific advice on using colour and painting, fur, feathers and features
- Ideas for mixed-media experimentation
REPRINTING MARCH 2021
" This utterly delightful book packs the most enormous amount of information into a small space. This is a book that's not just amazingly instructive but enjoyable too. Liz is a confident and proficient teacher, who's a pleasure to work with and whose style is one you'll want to emulate. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Paint magazine of the SAA