Modelling Historic Buildings and Imaginary Structures - A Guide for Railway Modellers and Diorama Model Makers
|INSIDE:||316 colour photos and 44 scale drawings|
This book demonstrates the many different modelling techniques used in the creation of realistic historical buildings and convincing imaginary or fantasy structures. Aimed at the railway and diorama modeller, it includes photographs of existing structures, detailed illustrations and plans, followed by step-by-step photographs of the various stages in their creation; practical tips and constructive advice are provided alongside. Special emphasis has been placed on the use of scrap and low-cost materials.
Topics covered in this book include:
- Advice on the challenges of constructing miniature versions of historic buildings and structures when the prototype no longer exists
- Guidance on modelling imaginary buildings and structures, with an example project presented from start to finish
- A complete fantasy-based model railway diorama, from concept and design through to the completed layout
- How to select and construct an imaginative landscape to complement a historic building or fantasy structure, including a review of how artists and film-makers have used such settings in the past
- A practical guide to mixing the right paint colours and shades for realistic and convincing results
The author has written this book to inspire the modeller to try something innovative, and to attract new entrants to this creative hobby. Drawing on his own experience, he shares practical guidance to help the reader to produce models they will be proud of.
Site Price: £15.99E-Book Edition: £15.99 (incl. VAT)