|INSIDE:||347 colour photographs|
Over the centuries, the corset has been a vital garment designed to support and shape the fashions of the day, and has progressed from being an undergarment to bold outerwear. This practical book explains the full process of making a corset with clear instruction and supporting photographs. Packed with information, it explores methods of creating modern corsets, whilst acknowledging the pioneering techniques of the past. Whatever your reason for creating a corset- be it for theatre- re-enactment or personal wear - this book is an invaluable guide to making a well-constructed, figure-flattering garment.
- Essential list of helpful tools, equipment and materials, including a guide to their uses
- Step-by-step illustrated instructions showing how to self-draft or personalize a commercially purchased corset pattern
- Detailed techniques showing how to correct an array of fitting issues to produce a well-shaped corset
- A selection of corset-making methods, illustrated with photographs and clear instructions
- Three main projects showing the development of the patterns and construction techniques to create gorgeous corsets
- Imaginative approaches to decorating and personalizing corsets