Modelling Naval Ships in Small Scales
|INSIDE:||244 colour photos|
This book provides a wealth of practical guidance on building and painting realistic model naval ships aimed at those who are new to this hobby through to the experienced modeller. An in-depth look at the creation of four models is included: the Type 45 destroyer HMS Daring (Dragon), the pre-war aircraft carrier USS Wasp (Aoshima), the River-class frigate HMS Nadder (Starling Models) and the 'pocket battleship' Admiral Graf Spee (Academy). With a focus on the popular kit scales of 1/700 and 1/350 in the waterline style, this book demonstrates:
- Demonstrates the techniques used in building model ships, from the basic to the more complex, larger-scale models requiring many differing skills
- Includes chapters on the fundamentals such as building resin kits, painting and weathering, rigging and creating a water effect
- Provides guidance on more advanced techniques such as the use of photo-etched parts and creating rough-water effects
- Is packed with helpful tips and finishing touches, such as making flags and how to take professional-standard photographs of your completed model.
- Is fully illustrated with step-by-step photographs demonstrating the techniques required