Contemporary Retail Design - A Store Planner's Handbook
|INSIDE:||172 colour photos and 27 diagrams|
The world of retail design operates with a dynamism not often encountered in other commercial sectors. To successfully deliver a retail project, the store planner must possess a good working knowledge of a wide range of disciplines. As well as design, these include matters as diverse as store operations to materials and construction methods.
Contemporary Retail Design: A Store Planner's Handbook provides a comprehensive overview of the store planning process and is an essential companion for anyone embarking on a retail design project. Written from the perspective of the designer, it contains practical guidance on every step of the design and construction process including:
- An introduction to store types and their history
- What to consider when planning a store
- The practicalities of layout versus the psychological response of the shopper
- The range of materials and finishes available and how to use them successfully
- What to consider when planning for building services, security and store operations.
The book's practical advice is supplemented with case studies showing examples of best practice, and is illustrated with 200 drawings and photographs from a wide variety of stores around the world.