Creative Drawing Techniques - From First Mark to Full Expression
|INSIDE:||290 colour photos|
Drawing is at the heart of all art and this inspiring book gives new ideas and techniques to help artists, whatever their ability, realize their visions. Based on years of teaching and artistic experience, Creative Drawing Techniques explains how to get the best out of different materials and express ideas, gain confidence and develop skills on paper. It emphasizes the importance of looking, analyzing and interpreting what we see. In doing so, it provides a rich and inspiring account of a basic but sophisticated need to make sense of the world around us. This book will be valued by everyone who wants to pick up a pencil and enjoy the creative art of drawing.
- A variety of drawing techniques covered, including pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, pastel, watercolour and acrylic, as well as an introduction to using mixed media
- Tips on how to get started and develop a regular practice using a sketchbook
- Essential components of picture making explained - composition, perspective, scale, proportion and form
- Ideas given for personal development that encourage both experimentation and exploration
- Illustrated with some 300 beautiful images, including works in progress, location photos and step-by-step sequences