|INSIDE:||244 colour photographs|
What is sustainable gardening? Can my garden be sustainable? This practical book sets out to answer these questions by explaining how it is possible to garden in a way that has a positive environmental impact upon the way we live. Its main focus is on established horticultural practices, showing that it is possible to be environmentally responsible, and yet still have a stunning garden display.
Centred on the need to work with, rather than against nature, and using simple, clear commonsense explanations, it deals with the practicalities of:
- Understanding and harnessing natural cycles
- Managing soil ecologically
- Establishing and maintaining plants
- Dealing with pests and diseases
- Environmental assessment and planning
- Reducing a garden's ecological footprint
" Earnest and detailed when explaining the science and theory behind best practice. It is an excellent general gardening handbook.
You finish this book with a deeper understanding of the need to revise our ways. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: The Garden