Advanced Boxing - Training, Skills and Techniques
|INSIDE:||300 colour photographs|
Advanced Boxing utilizes the latest research in sports science and combat sports to focus on developing every aspect of a boxer's fighting to the most advanced extent. The focus of the book is on training a boxer to win competition fights.
Sondhi and Thompson review the basics of boxing in order to provide the tools to begin an advanced boxing programme, focusing on specific development goals. They outline the best contemporary training methods, concentrating on yielding the most effective outcomes for the training boxer.
- A 12-month training plan for considerably advancing a boxer's development
- Useful tips, lists and tables to help organize a training programme, and to maximize training effectiveness
- The vitally important aspects of psychology, physiology, nutrition and coaching in a boxer's development
- Contemporary training methods based on the latest sports science thinking, and outlines new techniques for pad-holding
- Focuses on turning a boxer into a winning athlete
Site Price: £13.59
" Love it or hate it, boxing is here to stay. This book takes for granted that you have mastered the basic techniques involved in the game.
Beyond that, the latest research in sports science and combat sports is analysed to produce an in-depth guide to training a boxer to win competitive fights.
With useful tips, lists and tables to help organise a boxing programme, there are more than 300 step-by-step colour photographs aimed at turning a boxer into a winning athlete. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: School Sport