Costume and Design for Devised and Physical Theatre
|INSIDE:||71 colour photographs|
Costumes designed and made for devised or physical drama, for contemporary circus or for dance, differ radically from the more traditional costume work produced for naturalistic performance. For those working in the field - whether professional or student - these differences present challenges that this book seeks to highlight and explain while offering effective solutions to overcome them.
- The differences between designing for scripted and for devised work
- The specialized designing, cutting and making, and fitting of costumes for dance, circus and other physical work
- The role of the designer/maker in the devising company
- Design invention in the rehearsal room
- The management of both time and budget with the late changes that happen with devised work
- The breadth of different skills used in the work for performance
Site Price: £11.99E-Book Edition: £11.99 (incl. VAT)
" It is the format that helps to make this the perfect resource that can be 'dipped in and out of', perfect for a reader who wishes to work within this area but does not want to read an entire book in one sitting. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Word Matters Vol. 62 No. 2