Medieval Tailor's Assistant - Common Garments 1100-1480 - 2nd Edition - Revised and Expanded
|INSIDE:||400 black & white illustrations 80 colour photographs 151 patterns|
The Medieval Tailor's Assistant is the standard work for both amateurs and professionals wishing to re-create the clothing of Medieval England for historical interpretation or drama. This new edition extends its range with details of fitting different figures and many more patterns for main garments and accessories from 1100 to 1480. It includes simple instructions for plain garments, as well as more complex patterns and adaptations for experienced sewers.
- Advice on planning outfits and materials to use
- Range of projects and alternative designs, from undergarments to outer wear
- Covers early and later tailoring methods are also covered within the period
- Clear line drawings, pattern diagrams and layouts.
- Over eighty full-colour photographs that show the garments as working outfits